9.25.2008

Fauxxxxx

Faux techniques is a forreal overrated class. Well i guess it can't be overrated if i've never heard of it before taking it. But I took it and today was my last day of it... I learned NOTHING!!! I mean, you'd think that since it's for sculpture majors that it would have some sort of ehh i don't know maybe a 3d aspect... I'm kind of freewriting here so you'll have to excuse my horrible diction... it just disappointed me that all we did was PAINT. I mean yeah it's a finishing class and blah blah, but like i wanted to MAKE something... like, learn how to make shit look like other shit. hard to find an example at the moment, but as someone mentioned to me previously, making styrofoam look like rocks, etc, etc... idk i just wanted to learn how to do something NEW. maybe it's just me, but painting is (NOT to say it's EASY) but something that I just already know how to do. it's so easy for me to paint wood that's realistic enough to get the point across. i'm not saying i'm the best ever at it but i just feel like that is already part of my repertoire. blah! that said, i'm off to look at sketchbook monttttthhhh! still my favorite :)

No comments: